- Sydney visitors
- Art Tours
- The Drawing Rooms of Berry : Oct 2020
- Hill End Art Retreat : Nov 2020
- A Weekend in Carcoar : Mar 2021
- Mudgee & Rylstone Art Tour : April 2021
- Kanazawa, Japan : TBA
- Tour Testimonials
- Past Tours
- Arting About in Scotland : July 2019
- Norway – Majestic Art & Nature : July 2019
- Red Cow Farm, Southern Highlands : April 2019
- Sado Island Japan : September 2018
- Mudgee : April 2018
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2018
- Norfolk Island : January 2018
- The Mergui Archipelago Myanmar : January 2018
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
- Creative Wednesday Outdoors : 2020
- Creative Thursday Outdoors : 2020
- Take a Breather on Clark Island : Sept 2020
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2020
- Flowers and Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : Nov 2020
- Pastel & Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : Feb 2021
- Skies and Clouds Made Easy with Susie Murphie : March 2021
- Paint White Things with Susie Murphie : May 2021
- Water, Rocks and Reflection with Susie Murphie : July 2021
- Drawing for a Painting with Susie Murphie : Sept 2021
- Watercolour Bootcamp with Susie Murphie : Nov 2021
- WEA courses
- Past Courses
- Cats, Dogs and Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Aug 2020
- Paint a Portrait in Watercolour with Susie Murphie : June 2020
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : March 2020
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : March 2020
- Watercolour Bootcamp with Susie Murphie 2020
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2019
- Cats, Dogs & Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Nov 2019
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : February 2019
- Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : November 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : September 2018
- Indoor Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : July 2018
- Pastel and Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : September 2018
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
Posts by: Cilla
Congratulations to the winners of the Branching Out Exhibition:
Felicity Sherratt – WEA Award, Louise Madelaine – ART SCENE Award, Silas Clifford Smith – DERIVAN/MATISSE Award, Elizabeth Reedy – SILK CUT Award.
The 2013 Art Burn exhibition at Incinerator Art Space, was a great success!
Thank you to all who came and supported us.
Congratulations to the following artists who won Art Burn Awards:
WEA Award chosen by Peter Berner : Felicity Sherratt for ‘Bottle Tree‘ Parkers Fine Art Store Award chosen by the WEA Outdoor Drawing […]Continue Reading →
For bigger and bolder expressions, engage your hand as well as your
arm to the elbow or even the shoulder.
Create a tonal scale with at least 5-8 different shades.
Study the drawings of a favourite artist and copy their drawing style.
Create a page making as many different variations of marks you can […]Continue Reading →
Relax, take a few deep breaths and give your hands a good shake.
Choose HB or B pencils, using 2B for light and shade and 5B for
Find your best angle for drawing a straight line and practice
drawing straight lines repeatedly. Spontaneity matters.
Train your eyes and hand to observe and […]Continue Reading →
Avoid placing a focal point or horizon line in the middle of the page.
Be aware of corners – they can become arrows to lead the eye away from
Draw quick sketches using lines only; then tone only; until pleasing
shapes begin to emerge.
Use a ‘viewfinder’.Continue Reading →
Observe your subject at different times of the day and draw the effects of sunlight and shadows
…during sunrise and sunset – shadows are almost horizontal.
…around mid-morning and mid-afternoon – shadows are diagonal.
…in the middle of the day – shadows disappear.