- Sydney visitors
- Art Tours
- The Drawing Rooms of Berry : Oct 2020
- A Weekend in Carcoar : Mar 2021
- Mudgee & Rylstone Art Tour : April 2021
- Kanazawa, Japan : May 2021
- Tour Testimonials
- Past Tours
- Arting About in Scotland : July 2019
- Norway – Majestic Art & Nature : July 2019
- Red Cow Farm, Southern Highlands : April 2019
- Sado Island Japan : September 2018
- Mudgee : April 2018
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2018
- Norfolk Island : January 2018
- The Mergui Archipelago Myanmar : January 2018
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
- Creative Wednesday Outdoors : 2020
- Creative Thursday Outdoors : 2020
- Expressive Drawing in Charcoal and Mixed Media with Jody Graham : July 2020
- Cats, Dogs and Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Aug 2020
- Pastel & Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : Sept 2020
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : Sept 2020
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2020
- Flowers and Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : November 2020
- Drawing Nature with Nature with Jody Graham : 2021
- WEA courses
- Past Courses
- Paint a Portrait in Watercolour with Susie Murphie : June 2020
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : March 2020
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : March 2020
- Watercolour Bootcamp with Susie Murphie 2020
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2019
- Cats, Dogs & Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Nov 2019
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : February 2019
- Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : November 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : September 2018
- Indoor Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : July 2018
- Pastel and Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : September 2018
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
ART TOUR TESTIMONIALS
NORFOLK ISLAND: We loved Norfolk Island – so scenic and laid back, perfect for plein air sketchers, swimmers, walkers, amateur historians and just plain idlers. Dozens of wandering cows an added extra.
– Yvonne Preston 2017
BROKEN HILL & CORNER COUNTRY: John and I had a great time recently touring Broken Hill and the Corner Country with Cilla. Although John is “art challenged” he still enjoyed it as there was plenty of spectacular scenery to see and the two guides had an amazing knowledge of the area. I still don’t know how Paul was able to recognise echidna, dingo, kangaroo and rabbit footprints from driving along the dirt road at a fair pace. The scenery (and wildflowers also for me) was inspiring for all the budding artists and photographers amongst us.
Thanks for organising another great trip Cilla.
– Margaret Fegent 2015
GREEK ISLANDS & TURKEY: I went on the first part of the Greek Islands and Turkey Tour with Cilla Campbell and 7 other travellers in June 2015. I had not met Cilla or any of the other travellers beforehand but was made to feel very welcome. We were a diverse group of people who had all previously done some European travelling. My experience was very positive. Cilla was a democratic group leader who discussed decisions with us about the particular ports we were to visit. While all of us were interested in art and most did some drawing or painting, we also swam, looked at ruins and museums, kayaked, photographed, talked and just generally enjoyed ourselves. Our experience sailing through Greek Islands and along the Turkish coast was unforgettable. It was total luxury with a heart. I would go again in a minute.
– Jo Diggens 2015
TURKEY: If you are thinking of going with a small group to somewhere exotic or a little out of the way, look no further. Cilla Campbell is bursting with ideas, contacts and enthusiasm. 2015 has been a landmark of travel. Firstly a gulet (old style sailing ship) off the Turkish coast for 7 nights. Luxury, all inclusive, handpicked crew and islands and coastline forever. Time for sketching, reading, exploring, shopping and of course relaxing, not to mention swimming.
If all this isn’t a temptation the lure of Istanbul with its exotic combination of Eastern & Western charm, monuments, museums, sights, smells came next, including an at home cooked dinner. The next leg of our trip was the compelling Cappadoccia where the landscape of spiralling caves defies description. After exploring on land we took a balloon trip to float past all we had seen the previous day. Our boutique, extremely comfortable hotel was even built into a caveside. As if we hadn’t been treated to enough, the next leg saw us tracing Roman history down the main street of Ephasus and then onto Pergamon for more.
I could go on, but like all good holidays one has to travel home. Thank you Cilla for making this memorable and having the conviction to plan it all.
– Liz Marshall 2015
TURKEY: Cilla’s tours of Turkey in June were most memorable. Eight of us had a marvellous week aboard a Gulet, sailing the Turkey coast and some Greek Islands. A superb crew of four for eight harmonious people made for a stunning trip with many opportunities for sketching, laughter and enjoying fine food. A further week in Turkey with interesting experiences, completed a fabulous holiday.
Cilla always ensured everyone was comfortable. She was positive and caring and had infectious enthusiasm. Thanks Cilla.
– Barbara Harry 2015
FRANCE: This was our third overseas trip with Cilla Campbell and they just keep getting better. Cilla always manages to find great accommodation, wonderful locations and the best local guides. Flexibility and friendly small groups ensure that you never feel you are on a tour. Novices and the more experienced usually discover that making a little art enriches their travel experience, providing a great excuse to explore and observe their surroundings.
Cilla is a marvellous host and we highly recommend her trips. Artists and non artists will all find plenty to enjoy.
– Julie and Ian York 2014
FRANCE: I thought the whole trip was just marvellous and I have to say it was the most enjoyable time in France that I have ever had. Your organisation and planning was enormously thorough and the implementation was seamless. I will remember the trip and our hosts both in the BnBs and Christoph and Sarisa with great pleasure. It couldn’t have been better. Your own company was lively, great fun and very thoughtful in an unobtrusive way of our individual needs. I couldn’t have organised a trip for myself that better suited my desires – congenial company, wonderful landscapes, great food, beautiful settings, some history, some drawing and last but not least – shopping! What fun we had. Curiously, although I know it rained some of the time I barely remember that, and enjoyed it anyway.
– Ruth Maltby 2014
ANDALUCIA, SPAIN: I was lucky enough to attend an art trip with 9 other students to Andalucia Spain during April, 2012. This trip was organised by Cilla Campbell, a WEA art teacher. As I had participated in a number of art courses run by Cilla I was keen to be part of this tour.
It was left to the students to arrange their own travel arrangements to Cordoba but Cilla had organised for a travel agent to come along and discuss various options on the best way to travel from Sydney to Spain. This was useful and a number of the students took advantage of the fares offered by the agent.
I was met at Cordoba railway station by Cilla where a taxi van was waiting to take us into Cordoba. This was the start of what turned out to be a great week, mostly spent in the beautiful countryside of Andalusia. The accommodation was at Casa Olea, a tastefully renovated farmhouse run by an English couple. The bedrooms all had en suites and were very attractive and comfortable. The food was wonderful; all meals at the casa prepared by Claire, one of the owners.
Every day was thoughtfully organised by Cilla. Activities included trips to places of interest such as the Mezquita de Cordoba and Alhambra in Granada, walks in the hillsides visiting ancient towers and sketching along the way, visits to some of the small picturesque villages in the area where we would relax over lunch followed by sketching or painting. Cilla was always attentive and helpful during these outings, offering us guidance and instruction in a relaxed and fun filled way. At all times Cilla seemed to be thinking of our comfort and enjoyment using her teaching skills to help us improve our artwork whenever and wherever she could. Nothing was too much trouble.
I can thoroughly recommend an art trip organised by Cilla. Not only does she try to provide an inspiring environment for art students but she backs it up with enthusiasm and a professional attitude to teaching art.
I will always remember my art trip to Andalucia with very fond memories and would be happy to participate in another art tour organised by Cilla Campbell.
– Pam McBride 2012
ANDALUCIA, SPAIN: A wonderful, well planned trip. Claire and Tim of Casa Olea were great hosts making our stay a memorable experience. Ruby the dog added a homely touch. Cilla, your enthusiasm was an inspiration to both the established artist and the beginner.
ROSS RIVER, CENTRAL AUSTRALIA: Another well planned adventure, this time to the Red Centre. What a joy to be able to visit so many beautiful and rugged locations, perfect for any artist. Thank you Cilla for your guidance with my sketching and watercolour painting, it was invalauable and has spurred me on to continue dabbling. I look forward in the not too distant future, joining you for another adventurewhere we try to re-recreate the wonders of nature on paper.
– Lorna Bassett 2012
ANDALUCIA SPAIN: I went with Cilla’s group to Andalucia in April 2012. I found this a great way to improve drawing skills and at the same time experience Spain and enjoy the company of people with similar interests. I recommend this to anyone, regardless of their level of skill or experience in art, who wants to travel and encounter something more than the standard tourist trip provides.
– Robert Kitson 2012
HILL END: I had a wonderful relaxing artful, fun time with you all in Hill End, and lots of lovely memories stored away. Thankyou so much for all your hardwork organising it – I’m looking forward to the next trip I can do with you.
– Ruth Maltby 2012