- Art Tours
- Creating En Plein Air : Wednesday and Friday
- Art Studio : Tuesday
- Art Studio : Thursday
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- WEA courses
- Past Events
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
Please join me for a portrait masterclass with Noel Thurgate, 2017 Archibald Finalist and drawing teacher with more than twenty five years experience, including nine years as Head of Drawing, the National Art School, Sydney.
Since 1975 he has exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions including the Young Contemporaries, the Archibald Prize and the Kedumba Drawing Prize. He is represented in State, Regional, Institutional and many private collections. Noel currently teaches part time at the NAS.
Date: Saturday 24th February 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
All Saints Church Hall,
85 Ocean Street, Woollahra
Edgecliff Station and walk (10 mins) up Ocean St.
For bus routes visit www.transportnsw.info
or call 131 50
Free parking in the grounds of the Church
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover the connection between the ‘character’ and the ‘face’.
This one day portrait drawing class explores facial structure as well as the body dynamics that give character and life to your subject. Using basic mediums of pencil, charcoal and wash, participants will investigate their subject with powerful and effective elements of line and tone.
We begin with quick warm up sketches to explore general proportions and structures of the human skull. Then we’ll look at some compositional possibilities that the sitter and surroundings may offer. Finally more sustained and in depth studies of the head and/or whole or part of the figure.
• Drawing materials and surfaces*
• Lunch and all refreshments (sushi will be included in the lunch platter but you may prefer to bring your own food if you have allergies)
* graphite pencils, willow charcoal, charcoal pencils, compressed charcoal, block rubber and soft cloth. Sustained drawings on good quality A2 drawing paper. Warm ups and preparatory drawings on A2 Cartridge.
• Backing support for max A2 paper surface
• Optional: Easel or table easel
• You are welcome to bring any special materials/surfaces you wish to use and not listed above
$190.00 per person
A refund is possible if a replacement booking is received.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY