- Art Tours
- Creating En Plein Air : Wednesday
- Art Studio : Drawing and Painting
- Art Studio : Linocut Printmaking
- Indoor Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : July 2018
- Pastel and Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : September 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : September 2018
- Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : November 2018
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : February 2019
- WEA courses
- Past Events
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- Mudgee : April 2018
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2018
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Norfolk Island : January 2018
- The Mergui Archipelago Myanmar : January 2018
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
NOEL THURGATE is a 2017 & 2018 Archibald finalist as well as a drawing teacher with more than 25 years experience. For 9 years he was Head of Drawing, the National Art School, Sydney.
Since 1975 Noel has exhibited in numerous solo & group exhibitions including the Young Contemporaries, the Archibald Prize and the Kedumba Drawing Prize.
He is represented in state, regional, institutional and many private collections.
Noel currently teaches part time at the NAS.
Date: Saturday 23rd & Friday 24th February
Time: 10.30am – 4.30pm
All Saints Church Hall,
85 Ocean Street, Woollahra
Edgecliff Station and walk (10 mins) up Ocean St.
For bus routes visit www.transportnsw.info
or call 131 50
Free parking in the grounds of the Church
Saturday 23rd will be a drawing investigation for the structure of the head and how features of the face relate to the forms of the skull.
Sunday 24th will explore compositional aspects of the subject and their surroundings. Scale, placement, cropping , lighting etc will be covered.
Lunch and all refreshments.
Please advise at time of booking of any food allergies or bring your own sustenance.
WHAT TO BRING
Day One and Day Two
- Backing or support for max A2 paper
- A2 cartridge paper
- Optional: easel or table top easel
- Willow charcoal
- Charcoal pencil
- Block rubber
- Soft cloth.
(same materials as Day One)
If you wish to work tonally today include:
- Ink (and container for ink) and /or
- Selection of cheap brushes in various shapes and sizes
- A range of aquarelle pencils or pastels
- Up to A2 size watercolour paper (eg Stonehenge)
$295.00 per person
$295.00 per person
(includes lunch and refreshments)
A refund is possible if a replacement
booking is received.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY