- Art Tours
- Creating En Plein Air : Wednesday
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : March 2019
- Drawing in the Glass Tower, Green Square Library : May 2019
- Drawing Outdoors, Green Square and Beyond : May 2019
- Flowers and Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : June 2019
- Pastel & Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : Sept 2019
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : Sept 2019
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2019
- Cats, Dogs & Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Nov 2019
- WEA courses
- Past Events
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : February 2019
- Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : November 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : September 2018
- Pastel and Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : September 2018
- Sado Island Japan : September 2018
- Indoor Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : July 2018
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- Mudgee : April 2018
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2018
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Norfolk Island : January 2018
- The Mergui Archipelago Myanmar : January 2018
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
Please join me for a three day excursion to the Southern Highlands, which includes accommodation at Hillview Heritage Cottages including creating art en plein air at Red Cow Farm, Sutton Forest.
RED COW FARM, Sutton Forest
This unique cool climate garden is set on 2.5 hectares and approx 1.5 hours drive from Sydney. The simplicity of its presentation disguises a sophisticated structure, developed by its creative owners Ali Mentesh and Wayne Morrissey around their historic 1820’s cottage. The farm includes an exuberant cottage garden, kitchen garden, bog garden, monastery garden and abbess’s garden. There is a stunning collection of rare and unusual perennials, old fashioned roses and clematis as well as an orchard, a woodland, a beech walk and lake. Described as one of the best gardens in the world; a rare beauty awaits your visit.
HILLVIEW HERITAGE HOTEL
Built in 1882 in Sutton Forest, heart of the Southern Highlands. The commanding summit gives Hillview its name and offers magnificent views of valleys, rivers and picturesque sunsets. Accommodation is in 8 cottages and beauty is reflected in its luscious surroundings as well as decades of history as a former Vice Regal Retreat. The main house acted as a country retreat for 16 governors and hosted regal guests, such as The Prince of Wales, Prince Edward, and Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
Sculpture at Hillview had its debut in 2012 and continues to showcase contemporary work of talented artists. Set in 8 acres of garden with views of the southern highlands which provides an excellent backdrop to the artwork.
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast at Hillview Heritage Hotel (9th & 10th April)
- brunch amongst the Hillview sculptures (11th April)
- full day en plein air at Red Cow farm
- travel between Sydney-Sutton Forest. ($2.50 by train for seniors to Moss Vale)
- lunch and dinner (many choices in the surrounding area or ‘take away’ if preferred)
- Please request at time of booking if you wish to car share.
WHAT TO BRING
- your choice for art materials and surfaces
- hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, jacket, umbrella, portable seat
DAY ONE / Tuesday 9 April
Arrive Hillview Heritage Hotel at your leisure. 5 minute drive from Moss Vale station if you travel by train. Explore the local area or the gardens at Hillview.
DAY TWO / Wednesday 10 April
En plein air in the superb grounds of Red Cow Farm.
DAY THREE / Thursday 11 April
Leisurely brunch in the sculpture parklands of Hillview and more opportunities for drawing and painting the surrounding landscape. Depart at your leisure or option to stay a further night at own expense.
Cancellation is possible with full refund if a replacement booking is made.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
MAKE A BOOKING
Please fill out the booking form and I will be in contact for payment.