- Art Tours
- Creating En Plein Air : Wednesday
- Drawing Outdoors, Green Square and Beyond : Aug 2019
- Drawing in the Glass Tower, Green Square Library : Oct 2019
- Pastel & Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : Sept 2019
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : Sept 2019
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : Nov 2019
- Cats, Dogs & Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Nov 2019
- Watercolour Bootcamp with Susie Murphie 2020
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : March 2020
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate : March 2020
- Paint a Portrait in Watercolour with Susie Murphie 2020
- Cats, Dogs and Other Animals – Watercolour Painting with Susie Murphie : Aug 2020
- Flowers and Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : November 2020
- WEA courses
- Past Events
- Arting About in Scotland : July 2019
- Norway – Majestic Art & Nature : July 2019
- Red Cow Farm, Southern Highlands : April 2019
- Travel Sketching & Watercolour Workshop with Susie Murphie : February 2019
- Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : November 2018
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate : September 2018
- Pastel and Charcoal Workshop with Judy Drew : September 2018
- Sado Island Japan : September 2018
- Indoor Ephemeral Workshop with Shona Wilson : July 2018
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Shark Island & Taronga Zoo 2018
- Mudgee : April 2018
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2018
- Portrait Masterclass with Noel Thurgate 2018
- Norfolk Island : January 2018
- The Mergui Archipelago Myanmar : January 2018
- Watercolour Masterclass with Alvaro Castagnet 2017
- Shona Wilson Ephemeral Workshop 2017
- Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate 2017
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2017
- A Walk through the Grampians : May 2017
- En Plein Air Masterclass with Herman Pekel
- A Weekend in Carcoar : March 2017
- Norfolk Island : January 2017
- Creating with Nature in Nature with Shona Wilson 2016
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew 2016
- Kimberley & Purnululu July 2016
- Broken Hill & Beyond
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Watercolour Workshop with Joseph Zbukvic
- Life Drawing : Flamenco
- Pastel Masterclass with Judy Drew
- Corner Country NSW 2015
- Turkey & Greek Islands 2015
- The Magic of Turkey in June 2015
- France 2014
- North Vietnam & Laos 2014
- Broken Hill / Flinders Ranges / Mungo National Park
- Hobart 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2013
- Morocco 2013
- Wanaka, New Zealand 2013
- Andalucia, Spain 2012
- Hill End Art Retreat , 2012
- Ross River, Australia 2012
Please join me, together with a Brush with Jordan tours, for a 10 day artistic journey through Jordan’s ancient cities and unique locations. With time for plein air painting along the way, you will also discover the country’s galleries, meet local artists and enjoy the renowned Jordanian hospitality.
Capturing the essence of centuries old places with quick spontaneous sketches and hand written notes is a rewarding aspect for a travelling artist. Whether using pen and ink, colored pencils or watercolors; we’ll be immersed in this ancient cultural landscape with a fully escorted and like-minded group of no more than 10 people.
4th – 14th October 2020
11 days / 10 nights
visits to Petra (with Petra by Night), Jerash, Aljoun, Umm Qais, Wadi Rum
plein air painting in Petra, Jerash, Umm Qais and Wadi Rum
gallery and museum visits
meet local artists
wine tasting and true Jordanian culinary experiences
- mentoring and tutoring by Cilla
I am a graduate of National Art School and conduct courses in drawing, painting and relief printmaking at the WEA, Sydney and elsewhere. Throughout the year, I lead national and international art tours (check tour testimonials).
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
all accommodation in 4 star hotels, guesthouses and campsite
all but 3 meals when you will explore and choose for yourself
meet & greet at Amman Queen Alia airport . transfer to hotel . transfer to airport at tour end
entry visa to Jordan (on receipt of valid passport information)
entrance fees to all sites visited
experienced guide and transport throughout Jordan
airfares to Amman, Jordan
3 meals not included in the itinerary
alcoholic beverages unless stated
TRAVEL INSURANCE is highly recommended
We recommend Jenny Tucker, Travel Partners for flights and pre/post tour travel.
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 0437 388 887
*Please note: the itinerary may change slightly depending upon weather or access restrictions to locations that are beyond our control.
Day 1 / 4th October
Airport meet & greet with transfer to your hotel. Depending on your arrival time, a visit to some key locations in Amman such as the Citadel may be included.
Welcome drinks and a tour briefing followed by dinner savouring some of Jordan’s finest traditional dishes.
Day 2 / 5th October
After breakfast we depart with our guide and private vehicle to Jerash. Morning tea at the Jalaad Cultural Centre with an extensive private Arab art collection. Early lunch at a local restaurant and a full afternoon for painting at Jerash archeological site. Take time also to explore the ruins and fine examples of provincial Roman urbanism with paved and colonnaded streets, temples, theatres and impressive plaza. We’ll spend several hours here, capturing the afternoon light and imagining what life might have been like in the 1st Century.
A local restaurant for dinner to try more of Jordan’s wonderful cuisine.
Day 3 / 6th October
After breakfast we travel an hour north through pine forests to Ajloun. Here is the site of medieval Ayyubid Castle (Qal’at Al Rabadh) built in 1184 AD. Savour morning tea overlooking expansive views from the top of the castle over the Jordan Valley. We’ll drive further north to another Decapolis city – Umm Qais – known as Gadara in previous times. Perched on a splendid hilltop overlooking the Yarmouk River and the Sea of Galilee, this is the site of the famous miracle of the Gadarene swine as well as being the home of several philosophers and poets in Roman times. Time for sketching en plein air and at the museum. Lunch on the terrace of the rest house with breathtaking views across three countries.
A wine tasting in the evening. Sample some of Jordan’s award winning selection with a light supper.
Day 4 / 7th October
Explore the Jordan Museum this morning before heading 400m below sea level. Lunch and relaxing afternoon at the Dead Sea.
Sunset at the Dead Sea with time for a therapeutic float in the mineral rich waters before returning to Amman.
Day 5 / 8th October
An early start to Mt Nebo, Madaba and Kerak on our way to Dana; following the 2000 year old King’s Highway. For the trip south, our first stop is Mt Nebo, one of Jordan’s most revered religious sites, where Moses is believed to be buried. Standing atop the hill, the breathtaking view can extend to Jerusalem and Bethlehem on a clear day. Lunch in Madaba, with well preserved Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics and time to view the magnificent 6th Century mosaic in the St George church.
During the 3 hour drive to Dana, we leave behind the stark desert landscapes and travel up to 1600 metres above sea level. We’ll cross spectacular mountains with views through the valleys below. Hike around the reserve in the evening or early next morning.
Day 6 / 9th October
Waking to the sensational views of Dana Biosphere, today is for painting, hiking, bird watching, reading till we journey on to Petra in the afternoon. Explore the village, take a gentle or strenuous hike or create an artwork of this most extraordinary landscape.
Arrive Petra late afternoon for a good night’s rest in preparation for the next day.
Day 7 / 10th October
Finally we awake in Petra in all its glory and the dramatic walk through the Siq into the Nabatean capital to glimpse the famed ‘Treasury’. Spend all day exploring the temples, the tombs, meeting the bedouin and walking through the ancient city that was once home to 30,000 people. Lunch on site and for the energetic, a hike up 800 steps to the Monastery is worth it.
A traditional dinner and the option of a second visit into the Treasury for the spectacular ‘Petra By Night’.
Day 8 / 11th October
This morning we head to Wadi Rum on a jeep tour of the Wadi Rum Protected area. Experience the Nabatean rock carvings, the natural arched bridges and see where ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ was filmed.
Sunset drinks with desert views, then a traditional desert meal before bedding down in our ‘camp’ of cabins with private facilities.
Day 9 / 12th October
A magical start to the day for the adventurous with an optional early morning balloon ride above the desert. (This optional extra is pending availability & weather conditions.)
After breakfast and a relaxing morning at the camp, we return to Amman with a stop for lunch. There will be free time late afternoon for exploring the ‘downtown’ markets.
Day 10 / 13th October
A more leisurely day in Amman wandering through a few charming neighbourhoods; their galleries, art foundations and specialty shops.
A walking tour this afternoon through ‘downtown’ Amman with the gold souk, vegetable market and food tasting along the way.
Tonight we celebrate with a farewell dinner and reflect on all we have experienced together in Jordan.
Day 11 / 14th October
Depending on departure time, today is free for you to spend as you wish. You will be driven to the airport for your onward flight.
USD$4,500 per person / USD $600 single supplement
6 people minimum, 10 people maximum
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
MAKE A BOOKING
Please fill out the booking form and I will be in contact for payment.